Les Créations d’Honoré
Classic …and yet so different!
All the expertise acquired over 30 years & the creativity of bridor’s bakers… gathered together to create this range of exceptional 100% fine butter viennese pastries, in tribute to saint honoré, the patron saint of bakers.
Difference N°.1 THE EXPERTISE & KNOW-HOW OF BRIDOR’S BAKERS
The rigorous selection of raw materials :
- wheat flour supplied by local millers,
- matured fine butter for unique texture and flavour.
Unanimously recognised control of the lamination technique:
- slow kneading,
- long dough proofing time,
- gentle and progressive lamination.
Difference N°.2 BRIDOR’S REGULARITY
Regularity is the secret to the reputation of Bridor’s Viennese pastries:
- controlled temperatures in all seasons and 24/24 in the production facility,
- strict specifications for each raw material,
- strict quality controls throughout the manufacturing process.
Difference N°.3 A UNIQUE RECIPE CREATED AND DEVELOPED BY BRIDOR’S BAKERS
- An enriched and original base dough for an explosion of flavours, made with milk and a touch of sourdough.
- The right quantity of fine butter and an exclusive method of incorporation for a unique organoleptic experience.
Did you know?
A good Viennese pastry starts with PURE BUTTER (quality criterion No.1).
Why use sourdough?
The touch of wheat sourdough makes all the difference: it reinforces the flavours and brings a persistency on the palate for even greater gourmet pleasure.
A recipe that has been tasted and approved*
83% of intention of subsequent purchase after tasting.
*Panel of 100 consumers carried out by an independent certified body in July 2017
Difference N°.4 BRIDOR’S SERVICE
- Videos with baking advice exclusively for artisan bakers
- A professional blog with trade news, recipes, advice, etc.
A RANGE OF READY-TO-PROVE PRODUCTS THAT CALL ON THE ARTISAN BAKER’S KNOW-HOW
- 37456 Croissant 70g 100% fine butter Frozen and Ready to prove An iconic product with the good taste of butter and milky notes.
- 37457 Pain au Chocolat 80g 100% fine butter Frozen and Ready to prove A pure gourmet treat where the taste of chocolate is enhanced by this unique recipe.
Did you know?
64% of sales of Viennese pastries in France are shared between croissants and pains au chocolat.
*Source : GIRA study – 2015
BEST PRACTICES FOR BRIDOR BAKERS
- For optimal baking, respect the number of products per tray to prevent them from touching each other.
- Arrange the croissants in staggered rows, turning them up at the extremities to prevent the ventilation from blowing around the sheet of paper.
PROVING / AN ESSENTIAL STEP TO OBTAIN QUALITY VIENNESE PASTRY
- Bridor’s bakers recommend you work under controlled proving conditions for an optimal development of the puff pastry. For this, tray and block the products the day before in a fermentation chamber between 0 °C and 2 °C (12 h max.)
- Use a very flexible brush in good condition to preserve the Viennese pastries.
- Respect the recommended baking temperatures and check them regularly.
- Never mix products that do not have identical baking settings.
- Do not open the oven during baking, as your Viennese pastry may fall flat.
DID YOU KNOW?
“Honoré was bishop of Amiens in the 6th century. Legend has it that at a very young age he told his nanny that one day he would become bishop. She was baking the household bread at the time and is said to have replied : “When my baker’s paddle grows leaves”. And the miracle occurred: leaves began to grow from the wood of her paddle. In 1202, a Parisian baker and native of Picardy decided to build a chapel in his memory. It is this construction that brought Saint Honoré back to the fore and millers, flour merchants and bakers decided to make him their patron saint.”